As a Carrier Sales Representative, your primary focus is securing the right carrier at the right price at the right time to get the customer’s goods delivered on time. To be successful in this role, you will develop and grow relationships with carrier and owner-operators to help them optimize their fleet.
Strategy & Growth:
– Identify and contact new and existing carriers, especially refrigerated carriers.
– Build strong relationships with trucking company key contacts (i.e., owner-operators, dispatchers and drivers)
– Use DAT/ ITS to acquire carrier capacity on the spot market as needed.
– Provide exceptional service to our carriers and customers
– Ensure shipment details are accurately communicated and tracked in our system
– Minimum 3 years of work experience in carrier sales (or procurement, or freight operations), especially with refrigerated.
– An understanding of current market conditions and rates for refrigerated, dry van and flatbed truckload.
– Prior work experience in freight brokerage is preferred, but not necessary.
– Candidates with established carrier relationships will receive preference.
– Motivation to self-manage and continuously contact carriers to quote freight and gain capacity.
– Candidates should know how to use load boards, like DAT/ ITS, to quote freight.
– Ability to conduct RFQs, qualify carriers, negotiate rates, onboard new carriers.
– Experience in setting up and maintaining a carrier database.
– Ability to work independently and within a team setting.
– Strong communications skills with a positive and engaging personality.
– College degree preferred, but not required, especially in Supply Chain Management or Business Management.