The Account Manager is responsible for the growth and retention of a defined customer portfolio. The Account Manager identifies new opportunities within their portfolio, generates demand, and sells creative solutions/services to drive growth through relationship building, problem-solving, and providing exceptional service. As the single point of accountability, the Account Manager is responsible for delivering customer commitments, resolving issues, driving continuous improvement and articulating customer value.
Strategy and Growth
– Penetrates the account by making contacts and building relationships at multiple levels and in multiple departments within the account.
– Conducts regular business reviews, leveraging internal analytics and market intelligence to gain customer insights, and understands positive and negative trends in data, to uncover new opportunities for growth, increase sales, and retain and grow the business by presenting strategic solutions to the customer.
– Shares customer specific data, requirements, and expectations with internal resources in order to collaboratively create viable logistics solutions for customers.
– Uses effective negotiation and sales strategies for discussing pricing and selling solutions with the customer.
– Stays informed of changes within the customers’ business, industry and sector through regular customer communication; applies that knowledge to identify new opportunities.
– Serves as the primary point of contact for customers within the portfolio, delivering a positive customer experience through proactive communication, timely responses and by applying the appropriate sense of urgency as the situation dictates.
– Collaborates and actively communicates with partners on the capacity/product/supply team regarding customer needs, issues and solutions in order to meet customer
– Partners with operations and capacity/product/supply teams to ensure optimal execution through the use of SOPs, best in class business efficient processes, and mutually agreed upon customer KPI’s.
– Understands negotiated payment terms and processes and ensures timely invoicing through monthly reviews.
– Manages pricing strategy through a clear understanding of customer buying habits.
– Leads RFP opportunities for customers within the portfolio.
– Other duties or responsibilities as assigned.
The ideal candidate is a professional with excellent communication, management, coaching, leadership and organization skills.
– Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience
– Ability to travel up to 15%
– 3 years of transportation industry experience preferred
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office and related tools preferred
Call us today at (619) 633-FLEX